- April 7, 2022
- Posted by regularadmin
If you have hardwood flooring in your home or business, there are some dos and don’ts that you can use to keep your floor looking beautiful and pristine.
Hardwood flooring does not require much in the way of maintenance, but to keep it looking great and shiny, you should try to prevent the floor from getting scratched and damaged and also clean it regularly to prevent dust and dirt buildup.
Follow these simple steps to prevent scratches and damage.
- Have visitors and your family take off their shoes, when entering your home, to stop them from walking through dirt and water onto the floor and possibly scratching or damaging it.
- Any liquid or food spilled on the floor needs to be cleaned immediately, if water soaks into the floor it will cause it to warp.
- Do not drag furniture or toys across the floor, this is the leading cause of scratches on wooden floors.
- Also, stiletto heels can cause scratches if worn when walking on the floor.
- Only use cleaners or polishes, suitable for wooden floors, as these can damage the surface of the floor.
- Do not use steam mops, steam and heat will cause the floor to warp.
- When mopping the floor don’t use excess water, it will soak into the floor and cause warping.
- When cleaning the floor use a soft broom to remove any dust and dirt and a mop with suitable hardwood floor cleaner and water to clean it.